What is HardStyle?
- Hardstyle is a bend of aspects form martial arts and weightlifting.
Who uses martial arts? – Warriors.
Who lifts weights? – Strong people.
Hardstyle thus creates Strong Warriors.
Why is Hardstyle valuable for training Warriors?
- Warriors cannot take days off. They must be ready for anything, anytime.
- Warriors cannot take time off because they are too tired from their workout. They cannot tell their opponent to come back later. In fact a smart adversary will use momentary weakness to gain the advantage. This is unacceptable.
But how can a Warrior continue to progress their performance goals without deleteriously affecting the day-to-day requirements of a Warrior?
The answer is “Tactical Training / Tactical Programming”
What is Tactical Programming?
- Performance oriented workouts that stress the body enough to elicit adaptation. What is ‘enough’ depends on one’s ability to recover, how much stress they are under as well as the fitness demands of their daily activities.
Training Vs. Exercising
- Exercise fulfills an immediate need and promotes general health.
- Training takes time – it is the process of achieving a performance goal.
The Training Process
- Requires you know yourself / your goals
- Requires you to know certain principles of adaptation
- Requires Focus, Determination, Perseverance & Trust
Who would you want to teach you how to fight: the professional MMA fighter G.S.P. or Richard Simmons?
The answer is obvious : the Professional fighter.
- Therefore it makes sense to have a professional in charge of your training.
- You can try and do it on your own, but you might end up just exercising like Richard Simmons….
- is a School of Strength, consisting of Professional Coaches and Athletes who use the Hardstyle approach to training and follow “Tactical Programming” which allows you to progress your performance goals without sacrificing days off for recovery.
StrongFirst is not just about using Kettlebell’s – and it’s not just about creating the greatest amount of force, but about applying those forces in proper, efficient and intelligent ways.
Sleep well, Eat well, Trust your coach, Trust in Hardstyle and be consistent.