A Strength Challenge all our own!?!
- For those of you who do not know what the TACTICAL STRENGTH CHALLENGE is, find our here.
L.S.C = LatsOn Strength Challenge
To help promote a healthy and strong lifestyle
To encourage community involvement
To challenge your conceptions of ‘fitness’
To physically prepare you for life (as well as balance out your training for the TSC!)
Here are the 3 Challenges >
> 3RM Squat
– in Gym with coffee from Eh Coffee
– judged by weight
– tests lower body max strength
> Max rep ‘Perfect’ Push up
Beginner – Dowel on back
Advanced – 10lbs or 25lbs plate on back
Elite – 55lbs plate on back
– tests max upper body strength
> Farmers Carry: weight for time.
– outside / bike path
Beginner – Dbl 12/16kg
Advanced – Dbl 20/24kg
Elite – Dbl 40kg
@LATSON we feel very strongly about the TSC because the exercises selection includes some of the most challenging, but also the most rewarding movements.
Furthermore, LatsOn Training has been the only location in Ontario to Host the TSC …. so it is literally up to us to spread the word.
Increasing the popularity of the TSC will mean stronger/faster and longer living Torontonians!
You cannot train only 3 exercises all the time … your body and your mind needs variation.
PLUS, those 3 exercises (Deadlift, Pull up and Snatch) are big and scary and most people don’t know how to do them correctly….
To fulfill these two needs, namely I) increase variation and II) decrease ‘technical’ difficultly (without sacrificing the high standards on form that we have @LatsOn)
– Therefore MORE people can readily perform in this event!
What the L.S.C will prepare you for:
- As opposed to the TSC which was designed to test and prepare the abilities of military personnel and enforcement (police) officers, the LSC is designed to allow anyone, from the general population to more advanced lifters, to test your ability to;
- a) produce raw power in your Upper and Lower Body, and
- b) test how functional your cardio-vascular system is – all in an safe and fun environment! YEA!
To ensure safety as well as the efficacy of this challenge there are a few RULES we need to follow:
*** NEUTRAL SPINE MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES DURING ALL EXERCISES***
- KB must remain at chin level
- Elbow must not touch lower body
* test of: full body power production & nervous system strength
PUSH UP Rules:
- Must lock out elbows at the top + split second pause before continuing
- Must get chest must touch the floor
*test of: upper body strength & core efficiency
- Weights must be controlled / minimal swaying
- Tempo must be controlled
*test of: efficiency of heart and lungs to transfer blood to muscles (cardio-vascular ability)
We are less concerned with NUMBERS (weights, reps, sets),- as we are concerned with your ability to SUSTAIN QUALITY MOVEMENT.
This is because—
> Quality will ensure Longevity <
Brought to you by:
Stay Strong my friends!