- (def) : also known as the zone, flow is a mental state in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.
Interestingly, this is also a pretty good definition of Mindfulness.
‘HOW TO’ FLOW / be mindful
- ‘Anatomically‘ match your breathing with your movements : whenever you ‘get smaller’ (flex) let yourself exhale – and whenever you ‘get bigger/wider’ (extend) let yourself inhale.
- Do not force anything (like ranges of motion or balance challenges) = 6 out of 10 in difficulty.
- stay calm and clear minded (the breathing helps with this).
“Glute Activation Series”
-> ‘Fire Hydrant’ – aka: knee out to side for 6 reps
– > Knee ‘Circles’ x 6 reps a direction
-> ‘Bird Dog’ – like motion with straight limbs x 6reps
-> ‘Bird Dog’ – like motion with bent limbs x 6 reps
-> Finish it off with some Stomping x 10 a side – while holding yourself in a ‘Hip-Bridge’
Use this Routine prior to heavy lifting – it is guaranteed to get everything working together.
Let me know what movement issues you have! – and I will suggest a ‘plan of attack’ in future a video/Blog:
– & – if this helps YOU, and if you think it can help others, then PLEASE SHARE !
Help Spread the movement….
– Flow Movement –
Stay Strong My Friends 🙂
Martin Colangelo – Blog Author
& Owner / Instructor