- (def) : also known as the zone, flow is a mental state in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.
Interestingly, this is also a pretty good definition of Mindfulness.
‘HOW TO’ FLOW / be mindful
- ‘Anatomically‘ match your breathing with your movements : whenever you ‘get smaller’ (flex) let yourself exhale – and whenever you ‘get bigger/wider’ (extend) let yourself inhale.
- Do not force anything (like ranges of motion or balance challenges) = 6 out of 10 in difficulty.
- stay calm and clear minded (the breathing helps with this).
-> 5 Diaphragmatic Breaths in ‘The Bottom of the Bridge’ (toes up)
-> 5 Diaphragmatic Breaths in ‘The Top of the Bridge’ (drive through heels)
-> 5 Diaphragmatic Breaths while synchronizing your breathing and your movement = (‘Hip thrust / Glute-bridge’)
*inhaling/exhaling FULLY as you reach your ‘Hip thrust / Glute-bridge’ END RANGE.
DIAPHRAGMATIC BREATHING : Hands on lower abs, feel them expand with the inhale and sink with the exhale.
Use this EVERYDAY to help yourself get in touch with your Pelvic floor and Glutes
– “Money Back Guaranteed” to get everything working together IF and ONLY IF you can get the breathing and movement to SYNC.
WHAT MOVES YOU? What is your MOVEMENT PRACTICE?
and PLEASE SHARE your thoughts!
Help Spread the movement….
– Flow Movement –
Stay Strong My Friends 🙂
Brought to you by:
Martin Colangelo – Blog Author
& Owner / Instructor