The ‘Tech’s’ of heavy metal detection (Technology & Techniques)
Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry instrument
- Unique ability to detect metals in food (with 10-20% variability)
Liquid chromatography – mass spectrometry
- Detects pesticides, herbicides and other organic molecules
Open-block digestion cycle
4hour slow digestion method
- For more accurate reading (10% variability)
“Pharmaceutical companies conspire to set artificially high drug prices”
- New York Attorney – Eric Schneiderman
Neither the FDA nor the USDA has any official, universal limit on heavy metals in foods, beverages, and dietary supplements sold to U.S. consumers.
- Including certified Organic foods
- The USDA and FDA have a “revolving-door history” with industries such as Monsanto and Dupont
= No real incentive to disclose what is actually in food
[Mike Adams] – Health Ranger – (and others) is doing a better job policing the U.S. Food supply than the entire federal government!
THESE ARE HIS FINDING:
[Organic and Inorganic forms (defined by their bonds with Hydrogen, oxygen, sulfur or chloride etc]
- Drinking water*(II)
- Apple juice*(III)
- Chicken *(V)
- Pressure treated wood
- Burning Coal
- Lymphatic problems
- Heart disease
- Neurological development
- Arsenic (and other heavy metals) compete with essential nutrient (phosphorus etc)
- Heavy metals are very similar in their molecular structure (share the same number of electrons) to organic molecules.
- Compete or binding sites within the body
- Slows down natural detoxification processes – reduced immune function
- Alters ability to use pyruvate properly – higher levels of lactic acid / blood pH
- No 100% cure-all
- Chelating agents: BAL, DMSA, DMPS
- Powdered fruit seeds
- Sodium alginate
- Dehydrated powders of certain seaweeds
* Most arsenic binds to eliminating agents during digestions – once in the blood stream and gets into cell tissue it is much harder to remove (chelating agents required)
Metals Defense – Arsenic reduction by 92.9%: www.heavymetalsdefense.com
*”biological half-life of (organic) ingested fish arsenic in humans is estimated to be less that 20 hours, with total urinary clearance in approximately 48 huors” U.S. Centrer for Disease Control and Prevention.
*(II) Affecting more than 137 million ppl worldwide – 57 million of which are at peak contamination rates (50ppb)
*(III) Lead Arsenate (pesticide) was used on many crops, including apples in the past – the metal now remains in the soil to be absorbed by new generations of apples / other crops.
*(IV) Especially BROWN rice! +most ‘vegan health’ products marketed as good for you.
*(V) levels 3-4 times higher than other meats. U.S. Food and Drug Administration found inorganic Arsenic concentrations to be four times higher in ‘conventional’ chicken when compared to organic chicken.
+ Chickens have been found to convert organic Arsenic into its inorganic form. <Markis KC, Salazar> Controlling the fate of roxarsone and inorganic arsenic in poultry. Journal of environmental quality. 2008.
[Organic, Inorganic and elemental forms]
- Burning coal*(III)
- Dental Fillings*(IV)
- Volcanic activity
- Industrial production
- Ancient antiseptics and cosmetics
- Workplace hazards
- Wildfires / burnt waste disposal
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Neurological damage (even in small quantities)
- Mood swings
- Muscle atrophy
- Easiest of all metals to eliminate (eat your way to detoxification)
- Seaweed has high efficiency @ capturing free mercury
- Dulse (seaweed)
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Activated charcoal
- Selenium (chia, brazil nut, sunflower)
- Chelating compounds
*even energy-saving CFL fluorescent light bulbs – despite its “green” marketing – they are quite hazardous. Their curly shape actually putting them as higher risk of leaking UV-radiation.
*(II) Flu shots contain 50,000ppb of Mercury – 25000 x higher than the max limit allowed by the EPA in drinking water
– Thimerosal has about 50mg/L of mercury which exceeds the 0.2mg/L recognized as toxic
*(III)33 million tons of mercury pollutants emitted for power plants in the U.S.
*(IV) 1/3rd of mercury found in sewage sludge substrate is from mercury Amalgams and filling related implements.
– Fluoride has proven to increase mercury filling corrosion rates. (journal of dental research)
– Cell phone radiation proven to increase corrosion rates
– Cremation releases most of the mercury in our bodies
*(V) Mg in common fish sources:
really HIGH = mackerel, marlin, tile fish = AVOID
HIGH = Bluefish, grouper, sea bass, tuna (albacore, yellowfin) = <eat only 2-3/month>
MODERATE = Bass, carp, cod, croaker, halibut, lobster, mahi mahi, snapper, tuna (chunked light, skipjack) = <under 6 a month>
LOW = Anchovies, butterfish, clam, crab, croaker, flounder, hake, herring, mullet, oyster, Pollock, salmon, sardine, scallop, shrimp, sole, tilapia, trout =
Heavy Metals, Chemicals and Additives in our Food Part 2
Heavy Metals, Chemicals and Additives in our Food Part 3
Martin Colangelo – Blog Author
& Owner / Instructor