The LAST of the Toxic Heavy Metals found in our food…
(organic and inorganic compounds)
- Tin containers
- Synthetic Tin production beginning in 1960ies
- Stannous Fluoride*(II)
- Headaches / Nausea
- General fatigue
- Cardiac arrest
- Visual complications
- Neurotoxin (when in certain organic forms *trimethyltin & *triethyltin)
- Reduced Liver functions
- Competes for binding sights with other Zinc – reducing its absorption rate.
- Chelation therapy – Quercetin
- a chemical found in fruits and veggies
*FSAI – Food Safety Authority of Ireland, fish is the number 1 tin-accumulating culprit when it comes to food. Toxicology factsheet series. 2009.
*(II) composed of Tin and Fluoride –Flouristan = trade name “to prevent cavities”: linked to osteoporosis, caused death in 1979 when child swallowed gel spread on teeth.
(unfortunately) There is MUCH More Lurking in our Food…
- food additives
- chemical preservatives
- emulsifiers / thickening agents
- remain mostly unlabeled in grocery stores
- most chemicals (created by labs) cannot be recognized by the body –and can therefore become hazardous to our health!
A = a specific type – there are about 15 others….
1891 by Edward Charles Dodd in an attempt to develop an estrogen replacement.
- some Tin containers are layered with BPA
- depending on the pH of the food within it -> BOTH will leach into the food
- BPA is stored in fat tissues – which can lead to long-term imbalances
- especially in sexual functions – due to BPA’s ‘estrogen-mimicking ability’
- lined to prostate and breast cancers
- exclusively in foods and beverages = minimal environmental exposure
2012 the FDA found BPA in nearly every baby ‘sippy’ cup = consumers of these goods have been exposed for DECADES!
- Minimizing body fat is the number 1 way to keep BPA level down
- In general AVOID plastic containers – glass steel ceramic etc = much safer
Detox via Diet
- Clean animal liver
- Fermented foods
- B vitamins especially Folate
- Any safe product that promotes sex drive (maca, royal jelly, black tea, beets …)
- Petrochemical solvent
- Developed as Jet fuel
Exposure in mice led to Polyneuropathy
- Weakness, Blurred vision, Headaches, Numbness
- As well as Dermatitis, confusion, jaundice and Coma in humans
USE : to extract protein from soybeans and other oils and grains
- Soy Lecithin: uses this process
- All grain-fed livestock in the U.S. includes corn and soybean meal that has undergone this hexane protein extraction process
The Cornucopia Institute:
“The effects on consumers of hexane residue in soy foods have not been thoroughly studied and are not regulated by the U.S.D.A.”
- Shouldn’t the potential health risks be fully analyzed before a chemical is used in food products?
- The Cornucopia Institute found Hexane residue in levels 10 times higher than what the FDA consider normal ….
Why? – Because of questionable practices
- The hexane procedure involved bathing the food stuff in hexane
- They are then mechanically separated
- Even the EPA admits that a small quantity of hexane will remain left behind
No one is checking for hexane residue
What is ‘all natural’ about washing our food in chemicals?
5.2 billion pounds in use as of 2007
Dominated by 10 firms, her are the 6 largest
(largest chemical producer, 7th largest seed company)
(2nd largest in agrochemicals, 3rd in seeds)
- Dow AgroSciences
(5th agrochemical producer but 1st in seeds)
(follows Monsanto in both categories)
Pesticides and GMO go hand in hand
- Crops are ‘enhanced’ to withstand the specific chemical agents dumped on them
But these pesticides interfere with our endocrine system and reproduction!
- Many pesticides purposely target neurological and nervous systems
- Opens the door for super-resistant bugs and weeds!
- Agent Orange (used in Vietnam war)
- 75 million pounds applied on corn, sugarcane, golf courses (etc.) per year
Organochlorines / Organophosphates
- Not easily broken down, collects readily in fatty tissues.
- Correlated with IQ reduction in young children
THERE IS MUCH MORE…
Also have a KILLER effect on Bees!
- Not in the good way
- 40% of hives have disappeared
- Honey from Canada and the U.S. contain at least 6 different pesticides per sample.
The Delaney Clause
- The FDA cannot approve any additives known to cause cancer in lab subjects –Whatsoever!
Michael R. Taylor (former Monsanto VP for public policy)
‘De Minimis’ interpretation:
- If risk is too minor to warrant consideration, they can be approved.
NO consideration is paid to chronic dosage over a long term
- It is now up to independent researchers to PROVE these additives are harmful
- Isn’t this backward?
- The most addictive neurotoxin still being sold on shelve
- Aspartame induced serotonin inhibition causes you to eat more
- Effects women more than men
- Accumulates in the brain and other organs increase risk of tumors
- 74 of 166 studies on aspartame have been funded by the aspartame industry…
MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
- Produced by fermenting starches = creates an ‘unbound free glutamate’ which is an excitatory neurotransmitter of the brain
- Linked to brain damage, neurodegenerative disorders, reproductive and behavioral issues and cancer.
- Interferes with hypothalamus – linked to obesity
Also contribute to MSG levels
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- Texturized protein
- Yeast extract
- Natural meat tenderizer
- Soy protein isolate
- Natural flavor
- Vitamins proven to help minimize effects
- C, E, A, D, K
- Related to developmental behavioral disorder in the 1970s
- Linked to issues in nearly every system in the body
Red No.40 = linked to tumor growth (ketchup)
Yellow No.5 = hives, eczema, asthma
Michael Jacobson (executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest)
“the continued use of these unnecessary artificial dyes is the secret shame of the food industry and the regulators who watch over it … The purpose of these chemicals is often to mask the absence of real food, to increase the appeal of a low-nutrition product to children … Who can tell the parents of kids with behavioral problems that this (using artificial dyes in food) is truly worth the risk?”
- Chemicals can dress up ‘Frankenstein Foods’ to make them palatable, last longer and appear nutritional, fresh and delicious –when they are nothing but harmful (and often delicious)
- Added to acidic foods to stave off microbial growth
- Sunkist Orange juice, Mountain Dew, Nestea, Pepsi Max
- Triggers allergic reaction and increases ADHD symptoms
- Diet coke and diet ice tea
- Similar symptoms as above
- Low sugar products like meats, cereals
1990s – mimic female hormones and is known to disrupt the endocrine system.
2004 – Propylparaben and Methylparaben – linked to breast cancer.
- Popcorn, mayonnaise, chewing gum, frozen dinners
- Inhibits and kills human endothelial calls
- Banned in some countries – but not in the U.S.
- Wines to stop them from spoiling
- Dairy, fish, gelatins, puddings and jams, dried fruits.
- Increase risk of liver disease due to oxidative damage
- Can trigger asthma
- Approved EVEN THOUGH it has killed people
Emulsifiers and Thickening Agents
- Fat substitute
- In certified Organic foods
- Causes inflammation in many forms
- No nutritional purpose
- Separation by mechanical Hexane process
- Facilitate the transport of pathogens and reduces immune response
- Can help make old foods seem fresh – even when past their prime = could be purchasing spoiled meats!
- Strengthens gluten used in enriched flours
- A carcinogen that targets the kidneys and thyroid via oxidative damage
- Prevent botulism and a colour fixative
- Increase in leukemia
- Interacts with other chemicals and causes issues throughout the body
Stop buying processed meats. Period.
Vitamin C and E, as well as Cod liver oil is proven to reduce some of the effects of these preservatives in meat when taken before they are consumed
Brought to you by:
Martin Colangelo – Blog Author
& Owner / Instructor