“10 Rules for Becoming an Ancestral Athlete”
– Learn to view things from the point of view of HEALTH rather than the point of view of PERFORMANCE only
– The 80/20 rule applies to training just as much as it applies to everything else.
– Thrive on disorder – Be ‘Antifragile’.
– Learn to be uncomfortable.
- LEARN TO BE COMFORTABLE
(especially in uncomfortable positions)
– Warriors do not constantly fight – They rest between Battles.
- SITTING IS THE NEW SMOKING
– Move more + Adjust your lifestyle habits.
- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY / optimize your fertility
– pay attention to your hormones, libido, rhythms/cycles
– a fertile human is a healthy human!
- EAT FROM THE EARTH
– Grow your own food (http://foodrising.org/)
– eat fermented foods
– limit stimulants (that means coffee…)
– Lots more info on this subject *COMING SOON*
- USE SCIENCE
– stay up to date in your field(s)
- BE MINDFUL
– you are probably training yourself / your brain to be *constantly distracted*
– multitasking manifests fatigue!
– COHERENCE: breathe rhythmically, evenly and through the heart every day.
- AVOID CHRONIC STRESS
– activate your parasympathetic nervous system (Breathing / Yoga / Mindful Lifting)
- Avid chronic cardio
- Barefoot is best
- Avoid chronic stress
- Ditch grains, refined sugars, processed seed oils
- Expose yourself to stress intelligently
- Fat is good for you
- Get sun
- Hunger is normal
- Train with intensity
- Eat plants and animals
- Keep a healthy friendship circle
- Lift heavy things
- Mind your carb intake
- Play more!
- Run really fast sometimes
- Sit less
- Challenge your mind
- Walk a lot
- Prioritize SLEEP
Take Care 🙂