- (def) : also known as the zone, flow is a mental state in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity
‘HOW TO’ FLOW
- ‘Anatomically‘ match your breathing with your movements : whenever you ‘get smaller’ (flex) let yourself exhale – and whenever you ‘get bigger/wider’ (extend) let yourself inhale.
- Do not force any ranges of motion or balance challenges that you cannot handle = 6 out of 10 in difficulty.
- stay calm and clear minded (the breathing helps with this).
“INCH FORWARD / LUNGE BACK”
-> From standing, execute an ‘Inchworm’ but stop in the ‘Plank’ position
– > From the Plank, bring one foot close to the outside of the hand (*if you need some help consider entering this position from a ‘downward dog’ instead of a plank position*).
-> Rotate chest to knee – Reach with hand to ceiling and follow with eyes.
-> Stand up … (easier said than done) … return and repeat!
Add this movement into your practice this week
Stay tuned for more – Flow Movements –
AND stay mobile my friends!
Martin Colangelo – Blog Author
& Owner / Instructor