These are movements or exercises that you should practice every day.
There are literally an infinite amount of these movements out there, so you will eventually have to choose which ones work best for you.
Stick with about 10 different movements for 2 or 3 months. You MUST switch up the movements every quarter in order to sustain progress.
Quick reminder on what to be focusing one while performing these movements
- Breathing (synced with movement)
- Posture (maintained throughout)
- Vision (synced with movement)
- choose exercises that balance out your body / daily activities
- use a Test/Retest protocol to figure out which movements are best for you
- do 1 rep for each decade you have been alive – for each exercise.
(ex. if 40 – do 4 QUALITY reps on each exercise)
My Movement Routine consists of:
- Joint Mobility
- Spine Mobility
- Asymmetry correction
- Full Body Flow Movement / Play
- Specific Movement Prep (if going into a workout)
I do 3 reps of each exercise with minimal rest. Since I have been doing this for years, I change up the movements every day. Some days my session is only ‘Play’ – using my intuition to do movements that feel good in the moment.
Now it is your turn to give it a try.
Follow my Instragram to see #EveryDayMovements – every, damn, day 🙂