Hello My Friends!
Today’s Post is about Recovery:
Physical recovery and
Movement recovery – via Corrective Movement Strategy
Everyday Recovery Procedures
6-9 hours post workout recovery window:
(your recovery procedures are maximized within this time period after training)
- hydrotherapy; cold/hot baths
– 30s cold / 60s hot x 10
– ‘fast and loose’
– trampoline or gentle jumping
– get a professional or a loved one
– self directed via foam rolling and other mobility tools
- Corrective Strategy aka: mobility work
– see below
BODY WEIGHT CORRECTIVE STRATEGY
- based on scores from a Functional Movement Screen. ( message us here to get your screen!)
- a good practitioner of the FMS will be able to prescribe you a set of exercises that will provide instantaneous improvement
- however, these movements MUST be practiced constantly for about 3 months in order to automate them.
Daily procedure: 2 or 3 sets through out the day, 5 or so easy but perfectly executed reps.
- Change up the exercises every 3 to 4 weeks to maintain progress.
- Must complete every rep, every time
- Must not cause fatigue or soreness
- A well chosen corrective done daily in the style of massed practice will have greater movement/physical benefits than most other protocols;
Check out Pavel’s Grease the Groove (GTG) Protocol on the StrongFirst website
- GTG is one of THE BEST ways of getting better at any movement
Let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂
Check out LatsOn Training
ALL THE BEST MY FRIENDS!